Sunday, November 29, 2009

Big Bowl of Pasta

I've been meaning to establish a personal blog for some time, as I have nowhere to post more in-depth thoughts or discussions, and Twitter and Facebook don't really serve that purpose for me. There does exist the lovely D4: The Blog, of which I am a contributing member, but there are things that I would like to post that do not belong there. As such, I felt the need to establish something of my own, and here is it. You may undoubtedly have some questions.

What are you going to post here?

Anything I feel like posting, duh. It'll range from music to politics to mixology/oenology to my life, though I promise I'll try to avoid this last one. Occasionally I'm going to try and post some things in the form op-eds.

You have an account on Wordpress, why is this on Blogger?

This is on Blogger for one reason - Google Wave currently has a bot developed to connect Google Wave directly to Blogger, and one does not yet exist for Wordpress. I may transfer everything to Wordpress in the event that such a bot is created. One of the reasons I was pushed over the edge in creating this was because I was hoping to test the functionality of the Google Wave Blogger bot. It doesn't appear that it's functional at this point in time quite yet...or rather, I have been unable to find instructions as of yet as to how one can link Bloggy (the bot) to my blog.

"Big Bowl of Pasta" has a deeper meaning, right? It's gotta be a metaphor for something really intellectual.

Nope. I hate deeper meaning.

As the illustrious Caitlin Rinn can attest, it's just a nickname. I have a hard time judging how much pasta I'm making without measuring, and I hate taking that extra step, so I just use sight to determine how much is enough. The result is heaping bowls of pasta for dinner, which Caitlin noticed was happening all too often and thus made that a nickname of mine. I couldn't think of a name for the blog, and that just sprung into my head, so there you have it.

To be honest, yes, I could easily think of many ways to turn it into something metaphorical and deep, but I'm not going to do that. You can if you want.

That's all for now, I suppose. Check back tomorrow; while I'm sure I'll fail miserably at it, I'm going to try and write something new every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment